Our MHMS Curbside Library Media Book
Pick Up Program is Going Strong!
HOW This Works:
Hey Murray Hillers!
As I’ve mentioned in my many Canvas messages and grade level Student Resource Course announcements (you’ve read all those, right?) Our Curbside Book Pick-Up Program is going strong! The only snag has been our PAC system sometimes goes down for maintenance. If you try to shop for books and the page won’t load let me know ASAP so I can get on the phone
to yell at them to fix it. Errr… I mean, so I can gently alert them to the problem.
- Shop our online Public Access Catalog (PAC) for books. You can search for titles, subjects, or authors.
- Follow the directions & fill out the Curbside Book Pick Up Google Form
- Submit the form before 1pm by TUESDAY (late requests get filled the following week)
- Only 1 Graphic Novel Per Kid at a Time – because they’re so dang popular! Get a chapter or non-fiction book to go with instead!
- Come to MHMS starting Wednesday from 10:00am to pick up your requested books on the cart in the front vestibule of the school. (That area between the two set of front doors) Look for your name on the paper bag or post-it note.
- If you miss the Wednesday pick up time, the Curbside Book Pickup Media Cart will be in the school front vestibule open M-F during school hours 8am-3:30pm. If you request a book but don’t pick it up after 3 weeks we’ll most likely bring it back in & put it back on the shelf so another student can check it out. Please only take the book with your name on it! No rando shopping! lol
How To Directions Slideshow
Please place returning or overdue books on the bottom shelf!
Can’t get out of the house? Prefer reading an eBook? Check out my presentation Doggone Clever Stuff for info about eBooks from MackinVia, how to read an eBook in the presentation above, read books on Actively Learn, and the Howard County Public Library.
~Ms. Gwyneth Jones – Library Media Specialist & Ms. Kathi Bell – Media Assistant
Not sure if you have an overdue book? Check your Office365 Email (link on bottom of hcpss.me) to see if you’ve received a notice that you’re OVERDUE! — Your Email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org – You may have to designate that we’re EASTERN STANDARD Time – NYC or Washington DC. Canvas inbox or email me if you have questions.
Message Ms. Gwyneth Jones through Canvas Inbox.
See my INSTAGRAM post @TheDaringLibrarian for pics of our NEW BOOKS!
Hey there, still reading? Cool.
Are you a Sixth Grader?
We REALLY need the 310 (Eep!) HCPSS Media Books that some of you still have checked out belonging to your former elementary schools to be returned ASAP.
Some kids have up to 5 books each – that’s a LOT of books!
If you could please drop them off to your previous Elementary school that would be great! They’ll be SO happy!
For Laurel Woods – there’s a Return Book Drop bucket avail from 8am-4pm
For Gorman Crossing – there’s a Gator Drop Off box from avail 8am-4pm
These are either out front of the building or just inside the vestibule – no need to enter the building. YAY! Please wear your masks. Any other HCPSS school just call the front office & find out the drop off spot & the hours!
If you can’t manage that, you can drop them off at MHMS and we’ll make every effort to get them back to the right Library Media Collection.