Welcome back, kiddos, parents, families, & our community! This year we got rid of our Facebook page but added a new @HCPSS_MHMS Twitter page!
We have a new Principal Mr. Joshua Wasilewski and the Daring School Library has a new Media Assistant – Ms. Bell! Exciting changes!
And we also updated our MHMS Daring School Library Media Orientation Animation!
Dear MHMS Families,
Our MHMS Daring School Library Media program has some exciting opportunities in store for your kiddos this year:
- Our program will be promoting the very best of young adult literature with activities designed to help students enjoy stories even more.
- We will be doing our very best to get (or keep) every kid “hooked on reading” by recommending specific reading materials to each individual.
- We will be adding 400 or more of the latest and most exciting new titles for our young readers, including quality non-fiction to help meet Common Core requirements. We will also be adding more to our impressive Digital Playaway book collection.
- At each grade level, students will learn research and computer skills including use of tools like Edmodo, Google Apps for Education, Career Puppy, Noodletools, QR Codes, and much more.
- We will be working with classroom teachers to help infuse technology and research skills into all areas of the curriculum.
- Library lessons will stress good Digital Citizenship, helping your kid make safe and ethical decisions when using the Internet.
- We are planning lots of special events including virtual author visits, curated Art installations, and virtual connections with schools from around the country & maybe the world!
- We are looking for students to join our MHTV studio contributing to our daily live news show created FOR kids BY kids!
- If you would like to volunteer to help in the library, please let me know. We would love to have you!
Ms. Bell and I are very excited about the coming school year and are committed to making the library your child’s favorite place at MHMS!
~Gwyneth Jones – The Daring Librarian