Reading is the Key!

Do you ever get stuck clicking around Amazon buying random stuff you may not really need but suddenly desire? Do you have a mountain of Amazon boxes in your kitchen waiting for each recycle day? Yeah, me neither! [cough]  But sometimes I stumble across something that sparks my creativity and I’m like – SO COOL!….Now what can I do with it? 

This was the case with a set of 100 antique style keys I found that came with raffia cords & brown card stock tags that I thought would be a cool component of a reading promotion campaign!

Reading is the Key to a Rich & Interesting Life! 

If you’re an English or Reading Teacher or a School Librarian please head on over to my professional blog, The Daring Librarian, for buying information, more how-to’s, and FREE Downloadables!

Generating a list of the top 100 readers in my school and letting each kid pick out their preferred special key, I’m presenting it to them one by one including the key on a soft twine for wearing around the neck and a specially stamped commemorative card! 

I’m also taking pictures and posting them on Instagram & Twitter of each of our Key Readers!

Miss Caroline leads the pack having read over 100 books this year!  And still going through them about a book every other day!

I’m also posting pics of the kids with their keys on Instagram and Twitter.

Here’s my friend Mr. Ben who is one of my “frequent fliers” and avid readers. Ben is in the Top 5 having read over 70 books!

I’m so proud of our ravenous readers here at Murray Hill Middle School! This is what brings us the most joy – having kids come in every day (sometimes twice a day!) gobbling up new books and enjoying them!

Be kind to each other. Push the positive. Change the world. 
Pay it forward. Keep Praying for good.

Thanks, friends! ~Gwyneth