Students

Visit our other sites!

Ms. Jones Canvas Page for the Library Media Center

MHMS Library Media Center PAC – Public Access Catalog

MHMS Student Resource Course on Canvas
external image 30097837076_acd6e23738_o.jpg
external image 28513951453_3fd3192d12_o.jpg

MHMS Digital Photo Gallery on Smugumug (Since 2004!)

The Daring Librarian Blog (for other Librarians & Teachers!)

From ControlAltAchive: Depending on the license, it may still be necessary to cite where the image came from to provide proper attribution (and it IS a good practice to do even if not required).

There are many sites and tools that can help educators and students find free photos, clipart, icons, and more. See below for a list of many of these, and be sure to share your suggestions for other resources to add to this collection.

The List
If you just want the links to the sites and tools, see the list right below. If you want all the details on each site go further down the post to find that information.

Free Image Websites

Free Image Add-ons for Docs

Free Image Add-ons for Slides

8 thoughts on “Students

• May 30, 2012 at 2:09 pm
    Permalink

Dear Daring Librarian,

Would it be okay if I stole. . . I mean borrowed. . . your weird reading idea for my middle school?

Thanks,
    Tracy Chrenka

• May 30, 2012 at 2:15 pm
    Permalink

Absolutely! As you see on the post – I got the idea from the London Public Library & Tweeted them about adopting it – they were thrilled! Shameless sharing is what it’s all about! Cheers!
    ~Gwyneth

• July 26, 2012 at 10:06 am
    Permalink

I second that!! I want to steal your idea.

I have been looking for a e-mail address to ask you a question, but couldn’t find it. I love your edublogs site and am actually setting one up for my students this summer. My question is -how did you get the library thing on your site. I’ve set it up on my library thing widget page and have the code, but can’t find the right widget to put it in -it doesn’t show up…?

• August 23, 2012 at 8:18 am
    Permalink

Steal away! But geez, my email address is on my professional blog and on my Daring Electronic Portfolio! — did you really reeeeely look!? [teasing]
    ~G

• September 14, 2015 at 10:46 am
    Permalink

I am looking to start mini lessons with 6th grade, our first lesson is over informational text.
    Do you have any suggestions for fun lessons, activities maybe even using technology.

Thanks!

• September 22, 2015 at 10:42 am
    Permalink

Hi Stacie! Thanks for commenting! I’m very flattered that you would ask me for help finding or creating a lesson plan! I don’t have anything up my sleeve right now I can send you – I’m in the middle of MAP testing! EEEP! My suggestion, however, is to tap our wonderful PLN (Personal Learning Network) of Teacher Librarians on Twitter using the hashtag #TLChat and maybe they will have something for you!
    Cheers!
    @GwynethJones – The Daring Librarian

• April 19, 2018 at 10:38 am
    Permalink

What resources would you recommend to teach research skills? I am a new librarian who has asked to teach research skills/information to freshmen.

• April 19, 2018 at 7:31 pm
    Permalink

Hi Murrell, thanks for your comment! But, WOW! That’s a big question! I guess my first stop are our Research Databases. We here in Maryland are lucky to have access to many databases including SIRS, EBSCO, Macin Via, and World Book Online. I would definitely start with those! If your OKCPS school district doesn’t supply access to one or more of those, contact your local library to see what is available for your kids & community! Cheers! ~Gwyneth