Visit our other sites!
Ms. Jones Canvas Page for the Library Media Center
Citation Machine (Mrs. Nickels Recommends!) from Perdue
In addition to receiving guidance from HCLS staff, students (K-12) and college-age adults can connect with free tutors for assistance with math, reading, science, social studies, English/language arts, and writing. Both English and Spanish speaking tutors are available seven days a week from 2 pm until 11:55 pm. Special thanks to the Howard County Public School System for contributing toward the cost of this service.
Specialized Online Research Tools
HCLS provides thousands of full-text journal, magazine, and newspaper articles through specialized online research tools. Generate ideas for science fair projects by searching Science Reference Center. Research ideas for History Day projects. Enhance your English paper by searching for famous authors in Artemis Literary Sources. Download PDFs of guides with specific research tools for elementary and middle and high school students.
The HCPSS Family Mathematics Support Center helps families:
- Gain a better understanding of their child’s math program
- Refresh or build deeper understanding of math concepts, skills, and practices
- Provide additional support and practice opportunities for students
Click here, choose a level (e.g., elementary, middle school, or high school) from the top navigation bar, and select the appropriate grade level for your student.
MHMS Digital Photo Gallery on Smugumug (Since 2004!)
The Daring Librarian Blog (for other Librarians & Teachers!)
From ControlAltAchive: Depending on the license, it may still be necessary to cite where the image came from to provide proper attribution (and it IS a good practice to do even if not required).
There are many sites and tools that can help educators and students find free photos, clipart, icons, and more. See below for a list of many of these, and be sure to share your suggestions for other resources to add to this collection.
If you just want the links to the sites and tools, see the list right below. If you want all the details on each site go further down the post to find that information.
Free Image Websites
- Unsplash – https://unsplash.com
- Pexels – https://www.pexels.com
- Stockio – https://www.stockio.com
- Reshot – https://www.reshot.com
- PikWizard – https://pikwizard.com
- Pixabay – https://pixabay.com
- Morguefile – https://morguefile.com
- Openclipart – https://openclipart.org
- Photos for Class – http://www.photosforclass.com
- Pics4Learning – http://www.pics4learning.com
- Flickr Advanced Search – http://flickr.com/search/advanced
- Google Images Advanced Search – https://www.google.com/advanced_image_search
- Wikimedia Commons – https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
Free Image Add-ons for Docs
- Full Deck for Google Docs (Unsplash) – Docs Add-on link
- Pixabay Free Images – Docs Add-on link
- Insert icons for Docs – Docs Add-on link
Free Image Add-ons for Slides