May 16

A Shout Out to Our Library Peeps!*

We here at the MHMS Daring School Library have the most AWEsome media helpers!  They apply for the job, interview with Mrs. Black, and are assigned a day where they come in during Seminar to check in books, shelve, and help students find books & audio that appeals to them!  Without them, we would have a hard time meeting all the needs of our customers….our kids! (and teachers, too!)  Click the photos below for larger sizes to view or download!

A super thanks to the awesome kids at MHMS for being wonderfully generous, talented, smart, & fun people to work with!!!!

Visit the MHMS Daring School Media Helper Wikipage, too!

Here’s a flashback!

Our media helpers from 2003! Serious pic ….then NOT so serious!

I bet some of these kids are prolly graduated from college now!!!

*Yeah…. I said peeps! I’m old school & proud of it!

Tags: , , , , ,

Posted May 16, 2012 by gwynethj in category MHMS Daring Library Media

About the Author

Hi! I'm Gwyneth Jones - The Daring Librarian and a Middle School Teacher Librarian & Technology Specialist at Murray Hill Middle School in Howard County, Maryland. You can follow me on Twitter @GwynethJones. Cheers & Thanks for visiting!

4 thoughts on “A Shout Out to Our Library Peeps!*

1. Amy Barbarino

Gwyneth,
    I LOVE the graphic elements that you use on your blogs and wikis. You have a great eye for design! Do you mind me asking what you used to create the images of your library helpers and the header images at the top of the page? It kind of looks like Comic Life, but I’m not sure. Thanks for always being such an inspiration.
    Amy

2. gwynethj (Post author)

Hi Amy!
    Thanks for your kind words! And Yup! It’s Comic Life that I use to make these collages. That combined with GoAnimate for my avatar & Photoshop elements are all part of my graphic design obsession! I frankly don’t know what I would do without Comic Life though – I use it ALL the time! For more, Google “Daring Librarian” and or “creating a comic life” for a blog post all about it! Cheers!
    ~Gwyneth

3. Gabby Tjarks

Hello Ms. Jones! I miss you all at Murray Hill! I heard there’s a new principal! That’s amazing! 😀 I am still thinking of Murray Hill everyday 😀 I love you all!

4. gwynethj (Post author)

Oh Gabby! We miss you, too! Please do come visit ANY time (Ok, not Friday afternoons! LOL) but any other time we would LOVE to see you!!!!